About the Book
Lichen Field Guide for Oklahoma and Surrounding States provides descriptions of over 120 lichen species, using characteristics that are easy to learn and observe in the field. It suggests additional chemical tests that can be used to differentiate between similar species. It is hoped that this field guide will promote the study of lichens for academics, government officials, and amateurs.
• Thallus variations, colors, and chemistry
• Detailed descriptions of each thallus type
• Quick ID charts for each thallus type
• Images for species in each thallus type
• Indexed Glossary with photos depicting each term
• Publications and Websites with more resources
• Index and Checklist of Lichen Species in Oklahoma
Check out the short video about lichens and the author, Sheila Strawn. Click here!